We've started the Uncommon newsletter archive so you can read, re-read, and share all of our past editions that highlight leaders, roles, and news in the community space.
We're eager to hear, support, and connect the Uncommon community. In that spirit, we began Uncommon with a humble newsletter, delivered to inboxes once a month. It's a quick read in a breezy tone (at least that's what we aim for) that delivers helpful, fun, and insightful community news straight to your inbox.
Every 30 days (give or take), we feature:
- An Uncommon Conversation we've had with a community expert (or two). We've featured leaders like Joshua Zerkel at Asana, Jeff Barr at AWS, and Ale Murray at Confluent.
- Open job roles in the community and developer relations space. We've shared exciting community-based job openings at companies like Figma, HubSpot, and Datadog.
- Thought leadership pieces large and small from community leaders at all kinds of companies. We've shared useful content about the meaning of community and how to build it better from leaders like Greg Isenberg, David Spinks, and Corinne Riley. And we highlight takeaways from our various educational events, like our free 6-week Community-Driven Product Development series with Mark Tan.
- What's new across Common Room and the team. We've introduced you to new members of the Common Room team (we're hiring!).
- A little surprise that gives a glimpse into conversations happening in our company Slack. Simply click Balloon Dog. We've (potentially) taught you that a collection of ferrets is called a "business."
And there's more to come. Feel free to read, re-read, and share past and future newsletters as you wish. And if you have any questions, comments, or ideas for what you'd love to see in the next newsletters, write us a note, or ping us on Slack.
See you in your inbox!